Today the US Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a notice that they are investigating the following hoverboards which may cause fire:
- Smart Balance Wheel/One Stop Electronic Inc.
- Smart Balance Wheel Scooter/Glide Boards
- Hover-way Hands-Free Electric/Digital Gadgets LLC
- Swagway Hands-Free Smart Board/Swagway LLC
- Smart Balance Board/I Lean Hoverboards
- E-Rover-Mini Smart Balance Scooter/LeCam Technology
- Smart Balance Wheels/Kateeskitty
- iMOTO/Keenford Limited
- Smart Balance Wheel/Luxiyan and
- E-Rover Smart Balance Wheel
CPSC has not made any determinations to date about the safety of these brands.
Our hoverboard repair page explains why some boards catch on fire or explode.